Virgin Olive Oil Tasting Course [Online]
Become an expert olive oil taster
Within this online olive oil course we give you the keys to learn how to taste Virgin Olive Oil.
The course consists of three chapters in which you you will learn the most important aspects to become a good virgin olive oil taster. It is designed to learn at your own rythm and in a pleasant way. The concepts are presented in a clear and easy-to-understand way, accompanied by tutorials and explanations.
Virgin Olive Oil Tasting Course has a careful and extensive material, which will serve to settle basic knowledge that every taster should have.
Virgin Olive Oil Tasting Course developed by the Olive Oil School of Spain, includes the following materials:
Chapter one: Introduction to tasting
- Access to an explanatory video through which you will follow the theory at your own rythm. The video includes tutorials with various exercises proposals that will help you to further integrate all the concepts.
- 6 official extra-virgin olive oil tasting glasses.
- 10 watch-glasses (glass covers).
- 1 test tube.
- 1 excellent extra virgin olive oil sample.
- PDF document including all the information from the chapter.
Chapter two: Negative attributes
- Access to a 52-minute video that includes the theoretical and practical tutorials which explain all the chapter topics and guides you through the entire sequence of practice tastings.
- 1 sample of premium quality extra virgin olive oil.
- 5 samples of defective olive oil corresponding to the 5 main defects according to the International Olive Council (IOC) profile sheet: wet wood, musty, winey-vinegary, fusty-muddy sediment and rancid.
- 1 Olive Oil School of Spain Olive Oil Profile Sheet.
- 1 Olive Oil School of Spain pen.
- Stickers for the exercises that we propose within the chapter.
- PDF document with all the information from the chapter.
Chapter 3: Positive attributes and Food Pairing
- Access to a 36-minute video that includes the theoretical and practical tutorials which explain all the chapter topics and guides you through the entire sequence of practice tastings.
- 2 samples of premium quality extra virgin olive oil of the picual and arbequina varieties.
- 2 Olive Oil School of Spain Olive Oil Profile Sheets.
“The Esao course in olive oil tasting has given me a very valuable insight into the world of premium olive oils. Through a clear and systematic methodology, it has helped me to improve my ability to recognise the positive and negative attributes of an oil, understand a sensory profile, intensity and varieties of oils. I would highly recommend to anyone interested in fine foods.”
Yacine Amor. Olive oil distributor, United Kingdom.